Yamaha DTX-PROX sound module: Real sounds that drive the drummer
A new, flagship drum module that inspires creativity. The DTX-PROX is a new flagship drum module that allows any drummer to intuitively customize its high-quality sounds. Featuring real, sampled drum sounds and real-room ambience sampled in world-renowned studios, KIT MODIFIER knobs that allow you to easily and dramatically change sounds with a simple turn and LED rotary faders that allow you to intuitively change any settings, the DTX-PROX gives form to your inner drumming creativity.
- Faithfully reproduces real drum kit sounds and ambience recorded in world-renowned recording studios
- AMBIENCE, COMP and EFFECT KIT MODIFIER knobs that allow you to quickly create your own unique drum kit sounds
- LED rotary faders that allow you to change many settings intuitively, accurately and quickly
- A high-performance headphone amplifier circuit built especially for electronic drums for natural audio reproduction
- INDIVIDUAL OUT sockets that allow up to 8 individual channels of audio
- Rear AUX IN socket that can input monitor sound from a PA system as well as sounds from other musical instruments
- Front AUX IN socket optimized for connecting to music players such as smart devices
- Highly-flexible routing that allows output of clicks, USB Audio and AUX IN sounds to any outputs including headphones only
- USB Class Compliant compatibility, so it can be connected directly to a computer or smart device to send and receive audio data
Content of the DTX-PROX sound module
- Yamaha DTX-PROX Drum Trigger Module
- USB stick avec drum-tec Live Sound Edition
- Instruction manual
- Power supply unit
- Mounting plate incl. screws
- Cubase AI Download
Real sounds that drive the drummer
No compromise has been made in recording the sound of the instruments themselves. The DTX PROX sounds have been fine-tuned to naturally follow the drummer's performance and allow for maximum expression.
The acoustic drum sounds built into the DTX-PROX are all real sounds recorded in some of the best recording studios in the world. As well as recording the direct drum sounds, the unique natural room ambience of the studios where they were recorded was also sampled.
Performances by leading Yamaha drums artists were recorded and mixed by a team of recording engineers to give the final instrument samples. The project sound director, an electronic musical instrument development professional, specified exacting recording techniques to capture the full detailed sound of each drum and cymbal, from the initial attack, until the very end of the natural sound.
The drum pads, the drummer's interface with their instrument, have been carefully matched to the DTX-PROX Module to offer excellent expressive capabilities.
Intuitive playability that inspires creativity
The Kit Modifier and LED rotary fader featured on the DTX-PROX offers drummers limitless possibilities for their creativity.
The KIT MODIFIER knobs condense the sound creation know-how that Yamaha has accumulated over decades into three knobs: AMBIENCE, COMPRESSION, and EFFECT. A wide range of tonal possibilities are available thanks to Yamaha engineers -- from the natural sound of acoustic drums, through to processed live performance sounds, to heavily effected sounds.
The AMBIENCE knob controls the natural ambience and reverb of the drum kit sound. On acoustic drum sounds, the AMBIENCE MODIFIER controls the real recorded natural ambience from 0-50%. When turned up higher than 50%, high quality digital reverb is also introduced to the sound.
The COMP and EFFECT knobs utilize the "1-knob" control technology featured in many Yamaha PA products. The COMP adds one-knob compression to the whole kit sound, from subtle to very obvious, while EFFECT controls the mix of the internal effects processors. The processors are fully adjustable and have a long list of available effects to choose from.
The seven LED rotary faders can be used to change the parameters of all the instruments. With the fader select knob, you can select your preferred option from six presets (with 14 sub presets) and control it intuitively with the LED rotary faders. Additionally, the LED rotary faders can be used to control connected external devices and DAW software, in studio and live situations.
Connections for every possible application
The DTX-PROX is equipped with 8 INDIVIDUAL OUTPUTS and a matrix that allows routing to any output. The two AUX IN sockets are ideal for receiving monitor sound from a PA system, connecting to other musical instruments (rear side), or connecting to smart devices (front side). The DTX-PROX offers both a standard jack and a mini jack headphone outputs, allowing for highly flexible routing, such as outputting clicks and AUX IN sounds only to the headphones.
The USB port can be directly connected to a computer or smart device to send and receive audio data and MIDI.
Connect to Bluetooth and record performances to USB memory
The Bluetooth function of DTX-PROX allows you to wirelessly connect to smart devices, portable music players, and computers and have fun playing drums along with the audio. Furthermore, USB memory can be used to record audio from not only devices connected via Bluetooth, but also devices connected by AUX or USB cables. You can also record your own drum performances over the songs being played.
Professional grade headphone amp
Yamaha realize that it is incredibly important that drummers can hear themselves clearly, so the DTX-PROX module comes equipped with a high precision, low distortion, low noise, and high-power headphone amplifier. This circuitry delivers high-fidelity sound directly to the player, has been developed exclusively for electronic drums, and it envelops the player in a realistic sound stage.
An extensive range of training functions to support drummers
The best practice functions featured in previous DTX models are also found in the DTX-PROX. As well as the sophisticated programmable metronome, the module offers a comprehensive recorder function, 10 training functions that are ideal for players of all standards, as well as 37 training songs that allow you to learn various genres. All drummers will find the DTX10 training functions a useful aid for daily practice.
Easy recording, editing and sharing with the app
The DTX-PROX is compatible with the iOS/Android Rec'n'Share app, which allows you to play along with music tracks and efficiently practice your songs.
The app allows tracks to have their tempo changed, a click track can be added to tracks without one, and sections of the audio can be looped for easier practice. These and other functions let you practice more efficiently with your favorite songs.
The Rec'n'Share App can also be used to record your playing, but it also allows drum videos to be quickly and easily made, by using the audio from the DTX-PROX, and the video capture of the attached device. Videos can be trimmed and edited, mixes changed, and the final result can be easily shared directly from the app.
- Maximum Polyphony: 256 notes
- Effects: For each Inst: EQ / Comp / Transient / Insertion (*1), For each Kit: Ambience / Effect 1 / Effect 2 and Master Comp / Master Effect, For overall: Master EQ / Phones EQ (*1) Insertion effects can be used only for specific Inst.
- Drum kits: Preset: 70 Kits, User: 200 Kits
- Voices: 733
- Click Sets: 30
- Tempo: 30 to 300 BPM, Tap Tempo supported, Voice Guide
- Time signatures: 1/4 to 16/4, 1/8 to 16/8, and 1/16 to 16/16
- Subdivisions: Accents, quarter notes, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, and eight-note triplets
- Others: Individual click volume control, wav import, timer
- Types: 10
- Songs: Prest: 37 songs, User: 1 Song
- Import limit: 1,000 files
- Maximim loadable sample time: 50 minutes 40 seconds (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, mono), 25 minutes 20 seconds (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo)
- Sample format: .WAV
- Internal Memory: Maximum of 90 seconds
- USB flash drive: Maxmimum of 90 minutes per file
- Format: Record/playback: .WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo)
- DC IN: DC IN (+12V)
- Headphones: Headphones (standard stereo phone jack ×1, stereo mini jack ×1)
- AUX IN: AUX IN (stereo mini jack ×1, stereo standard phone jack ×1)
- Output: OUTPUT L/MONO, R (standard phone jack, one for each), INDIVIDUAL OUTPUT 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 (stereo standard phone jack, one for each)
- USB: USB TO DEVICE, USB TO HOST
- MIDI: MIDI OUT ×1, MIDI IN ×1
- Trigger input: Trigger input jack ×10 (standard stereo phone jack, not including the HI-HAT CONTROL jack. 1, 14 for All type of pad, 2, 4, 6 for 2zone, 8, 9, 10 for 3zone, 11 dedicated for hi-hat pad/controllar, 12 for kick, 2zone) *If other pad is connected to each of the above terminals, it will operate as a 1-zone pad. *Maximum 14 of pads to be connected (when Y-cable is used)
Weight and Dimensions
- Width: 342 mm (13-7/16 in)
- Height: 196 mm (7-11/16 in)
- Depth: 66 mm (2-5/8 in)
- Weight: 2.0 kg (4 lb 7 oz)
|Entrées de déclenchement:||10|